Sunday, January 1, 2012

Introduction

So, here we are. The year 2012. It's time for a change.

Ever since I came back to States in  December 2011, I've been struggling to get rid of all the excess weight I gained during my trip in Europe. On a very rainy and dark day of December 15th I stepped on a scale and clocked an all time high: 115 kilos (250 lbs). - Needless to say my diet which contained nothing but unhealthy food stacked with carbs, fat and cholesterol without doing any exercises helped quite a lot in achieving that questionable goal. However, ever since the beginning of December I have made progress. Well, not the kind of progress I wanted, but progress nevertheless. During the month of December I lost 7 kilos (15 lbs) and the scale is now showing 108 kilos (238 lbs). It's still way too much, so it is time for more radical actions.

Tomorrow I am starting the Insanity Workout and if that wouldn't be hard enough I'm still keeping my hockey practices (4x1,5h) in my weekly schedule. This combined with a low carb diet should bring the results I want during the next couple of months.

The Insanity Workout is basically a Maximum Interval Training which has turned traditional interval training upside down. In traditional interval training you perform short bursts of maximum intensity exercises with long periods of rest or moderate training. With maximun interval training you perform long bursts of maximum-intensity exercises with short periods of rest and that is combined with plyometrics, killer cardio, sports drills, resistance training and core exercises. Sounds fun, eh?



Well, it's not. But i'm ready to take the biggest challenge of my life and work through it. And that is where this blog is stepping into the picture. As I'm doing the exercises, I am equipping myself with a heart rate monitor which sends data to my computer where I can track my progress and keep an accurate exercise diary. So, in a way, I am writing this blog for myself so I can track my progress and compare results and exercises but also making this for you and hoping it would support and encourage someone else to try this challenge as well.

So, here we go.

Good luck to me.

No comments: